So... we are now in the grips of GDPR. It's sent many a wedding photographer among other business spiralling into panic… we have put a little info together in case you are worried that we are going to sell on your info, spam the hell ‘outta you or just generally be a douche with the info we hold about you…
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED?
1.1 – We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with Mini&MePhotography and use any of our services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with us.
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
• Names (and in some cases ages and gender) of members of bridal/groom party and other guests to ensure we photograph specific people
• Details and notes taken throughout a meeting or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your wedding/session
1.2 – If you E-Mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
* Basically... we need to know who the hell you are in order to do the work you've paid us to do, we need to email you to go over details and to find out what wedding cake flavour you are having... this is all majorly important to us *
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THE DATA?
2.1 – This data is being collected by Mini&Me Photography. We use passwords on our computers and our website which also stores your details if you have contacted us via there, it's password protected.
*Giant one AKA Helen and small one AKA Dani *
3. HOW IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
3.1 – The majority of our data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
* Only tell us things you want us to know... we cannot promise to not tell your darkest secrets to the best man for a good price ;) *
4. WHY IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
4.1 – Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you.
4.2 – Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience
4.3 – We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us
* To do our job - init*
5. HOW WILL IT BE USED?
5.1 – Data we collect will be used by Mini&Me Photography to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
5.2 – Contact data (e-mail addresses, addresses and photon numbers ) will be used to send to contact you to ensure we can do the service you have paid for
*To do our job x2 *
6. WHO WILL IT BE SHARED WITH?
6.1 – We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
• Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
• Manufacturers of albums (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
6.2 - Facebook,Instagram and blogs will often be used to showcase our work which could include your images
* So you found us, and that would have meant looking on our website, fb page or our insta - maybe even a blog, know one really knows if GDPR is treating a face/photo as data (you can see why this is so stressful) but it does say that we need to demonstrate reasonable and legitimate use but if our couples said 'nope you cannot show my face in any pictures' we are quite frankly not going to be able to trade, we ask all our couples to now opt in on our contract for us to be able to share their images and/or use for advertising however if you change your mind we do understand this. We will never share your images with a blog without contacting you first*
7. HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOU?
7.1 – We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
*we promise to hold your images for a minimum of 1 year in case you lose them cos we are super duper nice.... please make copies of your USB though*
8. HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
8.1 – Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is too allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future.
8.2 – We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
*We don't delete emails, that would be weird..*
9. ACCESS TO STORED DATA.
9.1 – If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us. As well as trying to help you directly.
9.2 – You may request a copy of any data we store about you – and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
*We are super friendly come have a natter with us! *
10. MORE INFORMATION.
10.1 – If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at
* hopefully it will make more sense to you than it does us*